The picture shows the view from Prospect Hotel, towards The Valley Gardens
The building opened in 1818, is now occupied by the The Yorkshire Hotel.
The Royal Baths were built in 1894-7 by Baggerley Bristow. They were once Europe's premier destination for spa treatments and the pampered rich. Politicians and royalty came to 'take the waters'.
There were also assembly rooms and a winter garden lounge.
In 1796 Ellen the Dowager Countess Conyngham purchased Coghill Hall with 51 acres of land from Sir John Coghill and changed the name of the estate to Conyngham House.