Amazon has launched a new charity donations programme called smile.amazon.co.uk
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support a charity of your choice every time you shop, at no cost to you.
We are one of 600 plus plus registered charities that have signed up to receive 0.5% of net sale on most goods bought by customers that nominate us as their charity of choice.
The web page looks exactly like amazon.co.uk and it remembers all your log in details, transferring all your order history, wish lists, wedding lists etc.
Amazon is widely used and this is a great opportunity for us to get amazon to donate to us at no additional cost.
How to sign up
In order for this to really work we need as many people as possible to follow the instructions below which takes less than a minute:
1. Go to smile.amazon.co.uk
2. If you have an Amazon account enter your username and password. If you don’t have an Amazon Account you can create one at this stage
3. A new screen will appear, Select choose charity
4. Type and auto search for Harrogate in the box
5. Select Harrogate And District Family History Society
6. Select the option to make smile.amazon.co.uk the amazon homepage every time you need to buy from amazon. (This will ensure that every time you make a purchase 0.5% will go to us.)
Once you've logged in to Amazon, under the search Amazon Search bar it will Say Supporting: Harrogate And District Family History Society)
Spread the word: tell your friends and family
It’s that easy to donate! Share on workplace, personal social media etc. This could make a real difference to generated funds if we get as many people as possible to choose us.