The Royal Baths were built in 1894-7 by Baggerley Bristow. They were once Europe's premier destination for spa treatments and the pampered rich. Politicians and royalty came to 'take the waters'. There were also assembly rooms and a winter garden lounge.
Since 1660 there have been many buildings called "The Crown". In 1847 The Crown Hotel on Crown Place had a central section rebuilt in a chaste neoclassical design. In 1870 the Crown estate ran as far as Parliament Street, was acquired by George Dawson, who employed J H Hirst of Bristol as his architect. The Crown’s Georgian wings were removed and replaced with a powerful pair of Italian Renaissance replacements which gave the building great character. George Dawson also planned a tower and new shops in Crown Place and Crescent Road, all of which were built after Dawson’s death in […]
The Royal Baths were built in 1894-7 by Baggerley Bristow. They were once Europe's premier destination for spa treatments and the pampered rich. Politicians and royalty came to 'take the waters'.
There were also assembly rooms and a winter garden lounge.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.