The Parish of Goldsborough is made up of the villages of Goldsborough and Flaxby and since 1982 has been part of the Parish of Knaresborough. Before 1982 the village of Coneythorpe and the hamlet of Clareton were also included in Goldsborough Parish.
St. Mary’s churchyard is a closed one maintained by Harrogate Borough Council. The churchyard was restored and the surrounding wall rebuilt in the late 1970’s. In 2002 the Council took down and placed flat any memorials they considered to be unsafe.
There is a new cemetery on the outskirts of Station Rd which opened around 1956.
Transcribed by Pat Wood in 2005
This post was written by Web Master